Archild Preschool Services In Little Rock
Join us at Archild’s Preschool in Central Arkansas where we create a foundation of success for your child while having fun along the way! Our developmental preschool curriculum focuses on developing cognitive, physical, social, emotional, and creative skills that will prepare your child for school readiness.
Archild’s Preschool Programs
Regular Preschool Programs
We offer regular daycare with both private pay and voucher options. Archild’s comprehensive classroom curriculum is based on the Adventures in Learning model, which features 40 topics of study in nine focus areas.
Each topic is introduced with familiar children’s books and has a strong language and literacy emphasis.
Specialized Classroom Programs include the following:
- Conscious Discipline
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS)
- Treatment and Education of Autistic and Related Communications Handicapped Children (TEACCH)
- STAR (Strategies for Teaching Based on Autism Research)
Developmental Preschool Program
Archild’s special needs preschool EIDT program covers the following learning domains: Cognitive, Self-Help, Social-Emotional, Fine and Gross Motor.
Our teacher assistants work under the guidance of our early childhood and special education teachers to deliver individualized educational programming to meet each child’s individual needs while maximizing their abilities including pediatric therapy if needed.
In addition to providing EIDT services for children with special needs, Archild is certified as a Level Two Arkansas Better Beginnings childcare provider.
Archild routinely addresses conditions such as:
- Special nutritional needs, including tube feedings, allergy modifications and thickened liquids
- Respiratory disorders requiring breathing treatments or supplemental oxygen
- Medication administration
- Free developmental screenings
- Low student-staff ratios
- Licensed on-site nursing staff
- Audiology screenings
- Arkansas Special Nutrition Program
- Before and aftercare programming
- Educational, diagnostic and financial consultation for parents and caregivers
- Archild provides breakfast, lunch and afternoon snack for children attending our developmental preschool through the Arkansas Special Nutrition Program.
Here’s what parents have to say…
My favorite thing about Archild is that they are an integrated school. This allows my son to be interactive and learn alongside typically developing peers his age, and he’s not treated differently. Archild focuses on children’s abiliteis who just happen to have disabilities!